Anyone else think pumpkin should be a year-round food?! Thankfully, my local Sprouts agrees and always has some cans of organic pumpkin in stock. This Easy Paleo Pumpkin Muffin recipe has no added sugar of any kind, and lots of protein. A perfect breakfast for those of us healing adrenal fatigue naturally.
This recipe serves one. I like to make “muffin tops” using this silicone pan I got on Amazon. When using this pan, it makes 3. I love using the muffin top pan because well, it’s the best part of the muffin. They cook well and you get maximum crispiness which is my fav (also sidenote, this pan is also awesome because it’s very compact and I often travel with it). However if you don’t have a pan like this, the recipe can of course be made using regular muffin cups too!
Easy Paleo Protein Pumpkin Muffins (no added sugar)
- 1/4 cup pumpkin
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- pumpkin pie spice (1/2 tsp more or less, depending on how “spicy” you like things)
- pinch of Himalayan pink salt
- Optional: 1-2 scoops of Vital Proteins collagen peptides
- Optional: Sprouted pumpkin seeds (pictured) or walnuts for on top
- Optional: Honey if needed for sweetness (with the combo of vanilla, pumpkin and spices, I find I don’t even miss it!)
- Preheat oven to 400F and spray muffin cups or silicone muffin top pan
- In a small bowl, whisk eggs with a fork, then add in pumpkin and vanilla (plus drizzle of honey if you decide to add it), mix
- Add all dry ingredients (coconut flour, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice, pink salt) and mix
- Pour batter into muffin cups / pan then sprinkle pumpkin seeds or walnuts on top
- Bake 15 min or until slightly browned with cracked tops, like photo. Let cool a few minutes before removing from pan. I find the longer I let them cool, the better they taste (If I have the patience to wait that is). My favorite toppings: cashew butter, almond butter, or ghee (especially this Madagascar Vanilla Ghee).