These gluten free, grain free, Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookies are what dreams are made of. Slightly crispy on the outside, gooey and chewy on the inside. Classically sweet but not overly sweet, with velvety dark chocolate chunks.
So… they’re technically chocolate chunk cookies because I used Eating Evolved’s Midnight Coconut Bar for the chocolate, which I chopped into chunks. I’ve yet to find a 100% clean and actually sugars-free chocolate chip but that’s okay because I think these chocolate chunks are even better! If you’ve never had this chocolate bar, do yourself a favor and buy immediately because it will change your life (ingredients are just 100% cocao and coconut and it’s the ONLY chocolate bar I eat).
Another “secret” ingredient that makes these special is the RX vanilla almond butter. You can use any almond butter, but I think this one adds to the magic, especially since it’s very sweet without much sugar (only 3g in the whole packet).
Anyway, these paleo cookies are easy to make, with super simple and clean ingredients you probably already have in your pantry. Oh AND there’s less than 5g of sugar per cookie. What?!?! This is great if you’re watching sugar intake for gut health.
Enjoy, and let me know if you make them!
Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe:
Makes 1 dozen cookies
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 tbsp coconut flour
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp Himalayan pink salt
- 1 packet RX vanilla almond butter
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp ghee
- About 1/2 Eating Evolved Midnight Coconut Chocolate Bar* (Update: OR Evolved’s new 100% cocao chocolate chips!)
*If using Eating Evolved chocolate bar, take 2-3 sections of your chocolate bar, depending on how chocolatey you like ’em… and chop up into chunks
Coconut oil/ghee note: I like the combination of both, however if you don’t have both – feel free to try just using either 3 tbsp coconut oil or 3 tbsp ghee and let me know!
- Preheat oven to 350F and cover a cookie sheet with parchment paper
- Put dry ingredients in a bowl (almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda, salt) and stir with spoon, then add wet ingredients on top (almond butter, egg, vanilla, honey, coconut oil, ghee) and mix (I used a handheld electric mixer)
- Fold in chocolate chips or chocolate chunks, then put bowl with dough into freezer for 10 min
- Roll into balls (I made a dozen) and place onto parchment papered cookie sheet, about 2 in apart then press down slightly on each ball
- Bake at 350F for 10 min for a nice crispy on outside, gooey yum on inside
- Let cool about 10 min then eat one immediately to enjoy that fresh-from-the-oven-maximum-gooey-ness-warm-and-fuzzy-bliss 🙂
[To get this delicious fresh-baked vibe even with leftovers, I recommend sticking your cookie(s) you plan to eat in the oven for a couple minutes to re-heat a bit (or in the microwave for a few second if that’s your thing)… trust me it’s worth the little wait!]
If you make these, let me know! Would love to know if you were somehow able to keep yourself from eating several right out of the oven?!
(PS) Shopping tip: I buy a lot of my ingredients on iHerb. Not sponsored, but you can use my code DKP042 at check out for 10% off your first order, or 5% off if you’re a returning customer. I order all pantry items and supplements I can from iHerb because I save so much money! It’s usually the same base price as Amazon, but then there’s ALWAYS additional discounts (and free shipping). Plus I like it because they’re reliable and I know I’m getting the real stuff (aka not shady supplement sources).
All images and text © Well Creature Blog